Welcome to Camelot! Sign up and create a profile thread about yourself.

Topic: Warzone Guide: The Wheelmen Way  (Read 6683 times)

Offline HWM Sarge

• GGN: Halo Wheelmen
    • Xbox - HWM Sarge
Warzone Guide: The Wheelmen Way
« on: 14 Dec 2015, 05:11 PM »
You can find the full guide neatly organized here.

Here's the basic information:

The Wheelmen Way: Warzone Guide

The Wheelmen Way organizes players into four squads of three players to tackle different objectives in Warzone, named Assault, Backup, Containment, and Defense.

Assault (Alpha): Take down AI bosses (every even minute after the initial spawn) and push bases.
Backup (Bravo): Sustain objectives and respond to calls for help, primarily with light vehicles.
Containment (Charlie): Slay the enemy team from a forward position; keep them contained.
Defense (Delta): Anchor your team from your primary base, usually your Armory.

To sort your squads, go into a custom lobby, then have everyone switch to the colors of the squads above.

Gameplan: Squads B, C, and D establish map control and support to enable the A squad to take down high-point objectives (bosses and cores). Generally, whichever teams gets two of the three Legendary bosses will likely win the game.

Everything else in the full guide focuses on the mentality and philosophy of the system, as well as some specifics. I recommend jumping down to specific squads or maps at this point. I will describe opening strats for each squad, and elaborate a bit by map, and then I will elaborate on the specifics of each squad.

Remember to participate in the Great Assist Continuum.

Offline SSG Gambit

• Marvel Fanboy
  • Overlord
  • It's alright... I'll drive
    • The Newbiverse
    • Xbox - SSG Gambit
Re: Warzone Guide: The Wheelmen Way
« Reply #1 on: 14 Dec 2015, 06:08 PM »
This is good stuff!

Thanks Sarge!  P4LD

Offline Run5k

• Knight
    • Xbox - Run5k
    • Playstation - Run5k
« Reply #2 on: 17 Dec 2015, 06:40 PM »
Sarge, we really appreciate all of the time and effort that the HWM crew has dedicated towards these multiplayer strategies.  When the time comes, they definitely make a big difference!   ll7

Offline SSGxHAWKEYE

• Knight
  • One Shot One...mutter under breath/reload
    • Xbox - SSGxHAWKEYE
    • Playstation - ModernKnight19d
    • TwitchTV - cavalryhalo
« Reply #3 on: 17 Dec 2015, 10:04 PM »
This is FANTASTIC I can not stress how much fun we had using this strat last time I was on with yall.
I Can Open A Pickle Jar... I'm Friggin Hawkeye

Offline HWM Sarge

• Xbox - HWM Sarge
« Reply #4 on: 18 Dec 2015, 10:28 AM »
Thanks!

I have this romantic notion of different clans getting together and playing one of the squads.

BSG on Assault. Wheelmen on backup. OcR on Containment. SSG saving us all from Defense.

I think it would be so cool to see in Matchmaking.

Offline HWM Sarge

• Xbox - HWM Sarge
« Reply #5 on: 28 Jan 2016, 10:22 PM »
We're working on some updates and expansions. The biggest change that you should be aware of is that we no longer have Assault primarily on bosses. We switched that to Defense. We have the Assault team pushed forward more often attacking the enemy position and stealing their bosses. Defenses secures our bosses.

Also, hog is pretty key to Backup. All the other squads are about 20-40% stronger when a hog is running effectively.

Offline Run5k

• Knight
    • Xbox - Run5k
    • Playstation - Run5k
« Reply #6 on: 29 Jan 2016, 01:03 AM »
We're working on some updates and expansions. The biggest change that you should be aware of is that we no longer have Assault primarily on bosses. We switched that to Defense. We have the Assault team pushed forward more often attacking the enemy position and stealing their bosses. Defenses secures our bosses.

Also, hog is pretty key to Backup. All the other squads are about 20-40% stronger when a hog is running effectively.

Very nice.

What to you think about the Infinity's Armory update?  More specifically, you gain in-game REQ energy noticeably faster now!  There are definitely more high-end vehicles roaming the map towards the end of the game since the last DLC update made that change.

Offline HWM Sarge

• Xbox - HWM Sarge
« Reply #7 on: 29 Jan 2016, 09:52 AM »

Very nice.

What to you think about the Infinity's Armory update?  More specifically, you gain in-game REQ energy noticeably faster now!  There are definitely more high-end vehicles roaming the map towards the end of the game since the last DLC update made that change.
We've noticed that some of us are hitting higher REQ caps much sooner. My gunner has been pulling out gauss hogs more often, which has been unusual. Additionally, REQs not desapwning for 20 seconds has had a huge effect on downing a sniper, laser, etc. People will respawn and look for their weapons now, or someone else will find them very quickly. I'm not sure how much it will affect the balance in the coming weeks. I think it'll be easier for the winning team to dogpile, but it should also mean that the struggling team should be able to reach higher REQs sooner to fight back.

Speaking of which, everyone should use plasma pistols more often. They have an alarming lock on range, and they cannot be dodged if you fire at someone when your reticle is red. Noob combo is super strong, and our best banshee pilot is afraid of them now because his runs keep being ended because even flipping doesn't save him.

Offline Run5k

• Knight
    • Xbox - Run5k
    • Playstation - Run5k
« Reply #8 on: 29 Jan 2016, 07:00 PM »
We've noticed that some of us are hitting higher REQ caps much sooner. My gunner has been pulling out gauss hogs more often, which has been unusual.

Same here.  Before the update, I had hit level 9 only two or three times after more than 300 games.  Now, I typically reach that level at least once each evening!

Additionally, REQs not desapwning for 20 seconds has had a huge effect on downing a sniper, laser, etc. People will respawn and look for their weapons now, or someone else will find them very quickly. I'm not sure how much it will affect the balance in the coming weeks. I think it'll be easier for the winning team to dogpile, but it should also mean that the struggling team should be able to reach higher REQs sooner to fight back.

Agreed on all counts.  It is rather nice to run back to where you died and still find your Answer or Spnkr EM still there.

Speaking of which, everyone should use plasma pistols more often. They have an alarming lock on range, and they cannot be dodged if you fire at someone when your reticle is red.

Absolutely!  I stopped selling my remedial plasma pistols shortly after the game was released.  There is always a good use for them!   P33W

Offline Run5k

• Knight
    • Xbox - Run5k
    • Playstation - Run5k
« Reply #9 on: 03 Feb 2016, 08:30 PM »
Did you happen to see the subtle changes they made yesterday to the REQ energy level costs on certain weapons?

Halo 5: Guardians Warzone REQ Cost Changes

Quoted from: 343 Industries
The various teams here at 343 have been monitoring your feedback, as well as carefully studying a variety of match data, and after this evaluation have decided to lower the cost of a small set of weapons. The cost of these weapons was a little high, and we want players to be able to use them more often and without breaking the bank. Here’s a look at the new lowered weapon costs, which we’ve just released in the wild via a service side update.

Carbine

Carbine: 4 -> 2
    Rain of Oblivion: 4 -> 3
    Blood of Suban: 5 -> 4

Suppressor

Suppressor: 2 -> 1

Bolt Shot

Boltshot: 2 -> 1

Light Rifle

Light Rifle: 5 -> 4
    Barbed Lance: 5 -> 4
    Dying Star: 6 -> 5

SAW

Saw: 5 -> 4
    Appetite for Destruction: 6 -> 5

Warzone is huge, and has many different aspects that make up the whole experience. By continuing to fine tuning certain aspects as time goes on based on telemetry and player feedback, we’re able to refine and polish the experience even further. Be sure to leave us your feedback in this dedicated forum thread, and stay tuned to @Halo for more updates!

We’ll see you in Warzone!

Offline HWM Sarge

• Xbox - HWM Sarge
« Reply #10 on: 03 Mar 2016, 04:49 PM »
Yeah, we adapted almost instantly. We use Carbines a lot at the beginning of games now on Backup and if someone on Containment dies early.